Tuesday 1 May 2007

Post response: shoplifting

http://rich213.blogspot.com/

I also think shoplifting is wrong. I agree on the most of the things Rich said about shoplifting but personally I don’t see much difference between stealing from the individual and from a company. Someone owns this company so it is, in a sense, also stealing from the individual only a bit less directly. It wouldn’t be a big difference to me if someone had stolen something from my shop or from my house. The effect is the same. The reason people shoplift indeed seems to be adrenaline. It is the only logical explanation for stealing something you can easily afford yet to me it is rather stupid. I can understand a poor man stealing something he needs but “stealing for fun” is just weird considering the whole range of other exciting ways to spend time which does not make any harm to someone else.

No comments: