Saturday 21 April 2007

Smoking

Smoking is a weird thing for me. I will never understand how someone would want to spend for something that stinks so badly. I tried a cigarette a couple of times in my life because people told me it is so great but I never liked it. It didn’t feel great once and I won’t try it again. I guess you have to be born with this “ability” to smoke. Despite my personal disgust to cigarettes I fully respect the ones who smoke. They have the right to do it but this right often collides with the interests of non-smokers. This matter is widely discussed but still no compromise has been found. In my opinion the smokers should concede because they have fewer arguments than non-smokers. It was proved that their habit causes many diseases not only to themselves but also to the people around them. Smoking is harmful so smokers should agree for the special smoking zones (created of the money they put into national budget) where they could still “enjoy” their smokes without causing any trouble.

For the smokers who don’t believe my words about smoking diseases I recommend a presentation done by the professionals >> http://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/data_statistics/sgr/sgr_2004/sgranimation/flash/index.html

Some other cute examples of a cigarette work >>
http://www.ash.org.uk/html/presentation/visual/bodydamage.html

No comments: